Thursday, May 9, 2013

Matt Harvey (I Told You So)


I'm not gonna pull a Francesa here and claim that I knew Matt Harvey would be amazing from the start. I had barely followed him until he made his debut, but as anyone could tell that night in Arizona, he was gonna be good. Really good.

The fact that the kid can pull out 97mph fastballs in the ninth inning, be incredibly efficient, and never let anything distract him from the W on his mind is beyond impressive. It's almost as if fans can expect a no hitter every time he takes the hill (remember Doc Gooden much?).

He doesn't have a history of getting injured, so as long as Matt can stay healthy for the duration of his career, this spitting image of Seaver himself can expect a one-way ticket to Cooperstown. That I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment